Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Westing Game

Title: The Westing Game
Author: Ellen Raskin
Genre: Mystery
Reviewer: Siddharth

The place is Sunset Towers. It is an apartment complex overlooking Lake Michgan. Barney Northrup, a realtor, just sold the last apartment in Sunset Towers. Still, as always, life goes on normally, but soon, a bizarre chain of events start happening when sixteen unlikely people gather for the for the reading of the will of Samuel Westing. All of these people are somehow related to Sunset Towers. At the reading, the people found out that he was murdered by one of the people there! The people find out that they will have to win Samuel Westing's "game", and whoever wins inherits his vast fortune. Samuel Westing may be dead, but that won't stop him from playing one last game!

This book was very intriguing. When I was reading it, I actually felt that I was part of the game. This book used vivid vocabulary with a plot that was so shrewd that I finished the book in about 3 days! I was reading that book whenever I had time to. I just couldn't stop reading it. Also, some of the context of this book was very amusing.This mystery book will have you thinking like magic, and there are surprises around every corner. I am sure that you will like it even though it is a slight bit confusing at times. Ellen Raskin is pure genius in this novel. Go ahead, read it now!

No comments: